Job Opportunity with Taylor Lane: Site Supervisor
POSITION NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Taylor Lane Timber Frame has a vacancy for a regional site supervisor covering Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire. Driving licence crucial. Experience is essential. Applicant must be SSSTS certified and CSCS registered. Competitive salary dependent on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Main Taylor Lane point of contact onsite for the main contractor, our sub-contract labour and other trades on site
- Co-ordinate daily crane and delivery activities and relevant paperwork
- Manage/co-ordinate site labour to achieve programme
- Liaise with site erection gangs ref. upcoming delivery dates and works to be achieved/completed to achieve programme
- Liaise with Head Office (Hereford) in changing delivery schedules and any queries relating to our works i.e. design/scheduling issues
- Snag/de-snag and handover completed units once up to required Taylor Lane standard. Achieve Taylor Lane handover on all units
- Attend daily ‘black hat’ meetings to co-ordinate our site activities with other trades on site
- Foresee, book in and complete paperwork relating to Taylor Lane works
- Document site issues to Taylor Lane, contractor and relevant persons – weekly site diary to be completed, to include labour levels, site issues etc.
- Feedback to Head Office any design, manufacture, site labour issues to be resolved
- Monitor health and safety of Taylor Lane operations
- Review and action RAMS variations, as required in relation to any non-conformance
- Toolbox talks to be carried out weekly with site labour
- Uphold Taylor Lane’s positive health and safety record
- Liaise/work closely with Liam Hale, Taylor Lane construction manager, based offsite
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) approved supervisor
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) registered
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, professional and approachable – this role requires you to operate at all levels of business and work with all departments
- Attention to detail is critical
- Organised with an ability to multi-task
- Competent IT skills are required with knowledge of MS Office & Outlook
- Timber frame experience is essential
Salary – competitive. Dependent on experience
Location – Regular travel to sites across Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire and Hampshire. Occasional trips to our Head Office in Hereford may be required.
Benefits – outlined here.
To apply –please complete our Application Form and send via post, hand-delivery or email to our HR manager, Lisa O’Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any queries concerning the role please contact the HR department on 01432 271912.