We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking and reliable Head of Manufacturing to form part of our team at Taylor Lane Timber Frame. This will be senior leadership role. The successful applicant will manage and lead Production Managers across multiple sites, uphold a positive health and safety culture and oversee and optimize our supply chain.
Taylor Lane was formed in 1982 and is one of the leading Timber Frame manufacturers in the UK. It has recently transitioned from a family-owned business to being acquired by Cala Group in 2023. In a new and exciting chapter for the company that will also include expansion, we are looking to appoint a Head of Manufacturing. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be looking to ensure all of our production facilities are efficient in their aim of achieving the companies objectives, develop and implement a comprehensive supply chain strategy and health and safety standards are being achieved.
As a Head of Manufacturing your primary responsibilities would be:
- Build and lead a high-performing manufacturing team. Provide mentorship, training, and development opportunities to enhance the team’s capabilities and foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Ensuring all staff are trained to their required levels at all times.
- Co-ordinating multiple production sites to ensure the most efficient placement of people.
- Improve production flows and drive efficiencies throughout.
- Develop and monitor a full suite of KPIs.
- Take ownership of and ensure that all manufacturing processes comply with our ISO9001:2015 quality management system.
- Ensuring all activities around the site are conducted safely, and in line with legislation and Taylor Lane Safety Policies.
- Working with the Health, Safety and Environment Manager to ensure the maintenance of all risk assessments and SSOW’s for activities across all areas of the production process.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive supply chain strategy.
- Leading on new initiatives and always seeking opportunities to improve and develop our manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including finance, HR, H&S, marketing, sales, and construction to align manufacturing and supply chain strategies with business goals, budgets and plans. Collaborate on new product launches, promotions, and other initiatives.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure production and supply chain performance. Regularly track and analyse these metrics, making data-driven decisions to address any deviations from targets.
Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following experience/qualifications:
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in progressively responsible supply chain and production/manufacturing management roles, with experience of operating in a senior leadership position.
- Experience in the development of, operating to and auditing ISO9001:2015 Quality Management Systems and processes
- Strong strategic thinking.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Senior Leadership Skills – leading multiple teams
- Planning and organising multiple shifts across multiple production facilities.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience working with Health and Safety Managers to prepare Safe Systems of Work and Risk Assessments.
- Experience of working as part of a team and creating a positive work environment
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills in complex and fast-paced environments.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01432 271912