Site Supervisor Required: Taylor Lane Timber Frame
POSITION FILLED. Taylor Lane Timber Frame has a vacancy for a site supervisor to support a current contract in Larkhill, Wiltshire. Initially, the role is temporary, until the end of August but there may be an option for it to become permanent thereafter. Applicant must be SSSTS certified and CSCS registered. Driving licence essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
The site supervisor is allocated a job by the senior contracts manager. He / she will be the main point of contact for the contract. Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Attend pre-order meetings, when required
- Check the specification and contract
- Liaise with the client to form a provisional programme. Keep informed of changes in delivery, specifications etc.
- Appoint and assist with erecting teams
- Organise any attendances required by the client – scaffold information, access / crane information etc.
- Assist in the forming of the RAMS / method statement packs
- Feedback all information to other departments regarding any issues onsite and update programmes
- Liaise with the site contracts manager and organise any remedial work to the timber frame, if required
- Management and investigation of material shortages / extras required
- Maintain project records for final accounts and assist the senior contracts manager with any major contractual issues
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) approved supervisor
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) registered
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, professional and approachable – this role requires you to operate at all levels of business and work with all departments
- Attention to detail is critical
- Organised with an ability to multi-task
- Competent IT skills are required with knowledge of MS Office & Outlook
- Timber frame experience is desirable but not essential
Salary – competitive
Location – based from site in Larkhill, Wiltshire. Occasional trips to our head office in Hereford may be required. If the role becomes permanent, travel will required throughout the region including Wiltshire, Hampshire and Berkshire.
Benefits – outlined here.
To apply –please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter via post, hand-delivery or email to our HR manager, Lisa O’Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any queries concerning the role please contact the HR department on 01432 271912.