Job Opportunities with Taylor Lane: Site Supervisor/Contracts Manager
Taylor Lane Timber Frame has a vacancy for a regional Site Supervisor/Contracts Manager covering the South East, South and South West. Driving licence crucial. Experience is essential. Applicant must be SSSTS or SMSTS certified and CSCS registered. Crane certification is desirable.
Competitive salary dependent on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Main Taylor Lane point of contact onsite for the main contractor, our sub-contract labour and other trades on site
- Co-ordinate daily crane and delivery activities and relevant paperwork
- Manage/co-ordinate site labour to achieve programme
- Liaise with site erection gangs ref. upcoming delivery dates and works to be achieved/completed to achieve programme
- Liaise with Head Office (Hereford) in changing delivery schedules and any queries relating to our works i.e. design/scheduling issues
- Snag/de-snag and handover completed units once up to required Taylor Lane standard. Achieve Taylor Lane handover on all units
- Attend daily ‘black hat’ meetings to co-ordinate our site activities with other trades on site
- Foresee, book in and complete paperwork relating to Taylor Lane works
- Document site issues to Taylor Lane, contractor and relevant persons – weekly site diary to be completed, to include labour levels, site issues etc.
- Feedback to Head Office any design, manufacture, site labour issues to be resolved
- Monitor health and safety of Taylor Lane operations
- Review and action RAMS variations, as required in relation to any non-conformance
- Toolbox talks to be carried out weekly with site labour
- Uphold Taylor Lane’s positive health and safety record
- Liaise/work closely with Liam Hale, Taylor Lane construction manager, based offsite
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) approved supervisor OR
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certified
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) registered
Knowledge & Experience
- Timber frame experience is essential
- Supervisory/Management experience essential
- Crane certification desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly, professional and approachable – this role requires you to operate at all levels of business and work with all departments
- Attention to detail is critical
- Organised with an ability to multi-task
- Competent IT skills are required with knowledge of MS Office & Outlook
Salary – competitive. Dependent on experience
Location – Regular travel to sites across the South East, South and South West. Occasional trips to our Head Office in Hereford may be required.
Benefits – outlined here.
To apply –please complete our Application Form and send via post or email to our HR manager, Lisa O’Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any queries concerning the role please contact Liam Hale (email@example.com)