Job Opportunities at Taylor Lane: Business Development Manager
POSITION FILLED. An opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our small and friendly sales team. With recent investment and plans for growth, this is an exciting time to join an established timber frame manufacturer.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To assist in the development of sales and sales opportunities through a proactive approach that also delivers great customer service
- Create new business from lead generation and follow-up meetings
- Maintain and grow existing accounts
- Route and plan calls effectively – balanced between existing clients and prospects
- Manage a specified area and stay alert for potential opportunities
- Have an understanding of the various contract types and the decision makers within the procurement process
- Be able to negotiate prices within agreed parameters to give the company the best margin opportunities
- Dealing with customers day-to-day requirements, and assist with any questions or product advice
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Sales experience is essential, particularly the closing of sales opportunities
- Timber frame knowledge is desirable but not essential. A knowledge of the building and construction industry would also be desired
- Driving licence is essential. Frequent travel will be required
- Competent IT skills are required with knowledge of MS Office & Outlook
- Good communication and a friendly manner is essential, with both colleagues and customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail is a must
Salary – competitive
Location – based from our head office in Hereford. Travel will be required, this will include but not be limited to the Midlands, South West and South Wales.
Benefits – in addition to the benefits outlined here, the successful applicant will also receive subsidised gym membership.
To apply –please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter via post, hand-delivery or email to our HR manager, Lisa O’Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any queries concerning the role please contact the HR department on 01432 271912.